Saturday, July 20, 2013

July 15, 2013

Tonight, we had a "Journey Around the World" activity for the missionary work in our ward.  I signed up and presented Denmark because of Mom and Dad.  While I was gathering pictures, it made me excited to go back again next year to visit my parents at the temple.
The best thing I took was my "Way to Be" book that is in Danish from the Time for Youth I went to while I was there.  That was one of the best experiences I had and I keep forgetting everything that the week meant.  I had to talk to people and break out of my "shell", since I needed someone to translate for me since everything was in Danish and/or Swedish.  It was blessing for Mom and Dad to come and visit and the girl from Greenland was able to talk to my Dad about the branch there.  (Dad had bad contact information given to him for the Branch President in Greenland.)

There were booths from Denmark, Canada, France, Philippines, Costa Rica, Brazil, Japan, England, US, Belgium, and Italy.
 I also had a book of the paintings of Carl Bloch, who did works of Christ's life that are in Fredricksburg Castle.
And, of course, a book of Hans Christian Andersen's tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment